- Fide (International Chess Federation) rules and regulations shall apply.
- Results will be sent for FIDE rating calculations.
- Five minutes before a game starts, the Chief Arbiter shall make the announcement accordingly. If any player is not present within an hour after the game is started, he shall lose by default.
- Players are advised to come to the tournament venue 30 minutes prior to the starting round due to the strict security arrangements.
- Players are not allowed to bring mobile phones or other electronic devices to the tournament hall, any violation shall result in loss of game.
- Officials and players should be smartly attired at all the times while in the playing hall.
- For the pairing, Swiss Manager program will be used. For first two rounds accelerated pairing system might use. [ This will announce during the technical meeting ]
- In the event of a dispute the Chief Arbiter’s decision is final.
- Organizers reserve the right to refuse or decline late registrations.
- All amounts in this prospectus have mentioned in Sri Lankan Rupees.
- Appeals Committee – Before the beginning of the tournament an Appeals Committee shall be selected.
- Time Control — The time control is: 90 minutes for each player with an addition of 30 seconds per move starting from move one. The games shall be played with DGT clocks.
All appeals/protests should be submitted in writing accompanied by a fee of Rs 2000.00. Should the appeal/ protest be upheld the amount will be returned.
All Inquiries to
64 Squares International Chess Academy,
Telephone: +94 715601237 / +94 775601237
It’s a tradition… It’s a passion…
Be a part of the best chess experience in Sri Lanka. We invite all chess lovers to feel the warm of hill country hospitality.